Common activities which have the potential to cause contaminated land include, service stations, fuel and oil storage sites, mechanical workshops, cattle tick dips and spray races, tanneries and wood treatment sites, agricultural chemical use and landfills.
To identify and manage contaminated land, ADG offers the following range of services:
- Due Diligence investigations for property acquisitions.
- Stage 1: Preliminary Site Investigations to develop a site history, identify potential sources of contamination and associated contaminants.
- Stage 2: Detailed Site Investigations including the design of soil, surface and groundwater sampling. Analytical programs to identify the spatial distribution of contaminants, and further assessment of potential contaminant migration and exposure pathways.
- Remedial Action Plans and Site Management Plans for submission to local and state government. ADG has experience with a wide range of remedial technologies which we can therefore recommend based on the site conditions, contaminants of concern, remediation goals and economic viability.
- Validation including supervision of all remedial works and validation sampling. In addition, confirm post remediation contaminant levels, and finally the preparation of Site Validation Reports.
- Waste Classification Reports to obtain government approvals and disposal permits for the resulting waste materials and contaminated soil.
ADG prides itself on having multiple, suitably qualified persons (SQPs) in house who work routinely with contaminated land auditors in NSW and QLD. Engaging a SQP ensures contaminated land is managed in compliance with the Department of Environment and Science (DES).